Saturday 19 April 2014

As this is my first post, I best introduce myself and give you an insight into my design world and my love of doodling! I'm Hannah and am currently in the process of completing my final major project in Textile Design at the Birmingham Institute of Art and Design.
It's taken me a while to figure myself out and try to figure out what kind work I want to do as a printed textile designer. My work throughout this project has been very illustrative and detailed. My sketchbook and fine liners come with me everywhere I go and throughout this project I have found something which I thoroughly enjoy (minus the crippled hand from the amount of drawings I have done) - but my monochrome collection of designs inspired by architecture and our modern day surroundings have become a major part of my life over the past 3 months and I have a real passion for the work I'm creating as a designer.
I will be keeping you updated on my design journey throughout the last month of my project and hope you enjoy my work.
Below is a snippet one of my designs from last week layering mesh over my 'tangled lines' piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment